With Christmas payroll just around the corner, we would like to show you how to add a Christmas greeting to your employees payslips within Sage 50 Payroll. A little gesture for their hard work over this most unusual year.
Within Sage 50 Payroll you can add a unique message to everyone’s payslips individually, but this of course will depend on the amount of people you have on your payroll as to whether it is feasible to do so. The other option is to add the same message globally to all payslips.
If you have departments or cost centre’s then you can apply different messages to specific sections within your payroll.
You will need to ensure that you are using a payslip layout with a comment.
Here are the steps for adding an individual greeting:
- Select the employee and launch the employee record card/window
- In the analysis section there is an ‘electronic documents’ heading with ‘payslip comment’ underneath, this is where you add your Christmas greeting.
- Enter in the greeting
- Click save
Entering a Christmas message on all payslips:
- Highlight the selected employees. Within the tasks on the toolbar menu select global changes>electronic documents>set payslip comments
- A box will then appear as follows:
3. Add your Christmas message to this box and click OK, it will then tell you how many employees this has been applied to:
4. Click yes and you will receive a notification on the screen advising you how many employees that have been successfully updated:
5. Click OK
You can also edit the greeting so that it stands out on the payslip by changing the colour. Using the comments section can be used to add any message, it doesn’t just apply to Christmas.
There is so much more to Layout Design within Sage 50 so we put together a course on how to create a professional looking layout with step-by-step tuition. Delivered live over 4 weeks with real world examples and a live Q&A session. For more information about our Sage 50 Layout Design course, click below:
Here’s a video to talk you through adding a Christmas greeting to your payslips:
In last week’s masterclass we guided you through how to add a festive greeting to your email settings. If you’re not signed up already, and would like access to the recording:
If you are also interested to find out how you can add a festive image or greeting to your invoices, check out last weeks blog here.