Sage 50 Payroll Self-Study Workbooks
£157.50 – £315.00
Sage 50 Payroll Self-Study Workbooks teach you everything you need to know about Sage 50 Payroll, from getting started to the more challenging aspects of payroll including your tax month end processing. Our prices are 10% cheaper than Sage UK directly!
- 180-day version of Sage 50 Payroll
- Practice data to enrich the learning experience
- Three workbooks with free online tests throughout
- Sage Certification Test
Stage 1: Setting up your Payroll
Get to grips with the basic principles of setting up your Sage 50 Payroll. From setting up your employees and users in the software, to creating payments and deductions, dealing with basic pension schemes and setting up the nominal link.
- Understand how to configure the software to suit company requirements.
- Learn how to use password protection and how to restrict user access.
- Understand how to check the legislation settings in your software.
- Be able to create pay elements for payments, deductions and net payments and understand the pay element reports.
- Understand the methods of creating, editing and customising employee records.
- Be able to create basic pension schemes.
- Learn how to set up the nominal link to post salary journals to your accounts software.
Stage 2: Processing Payroll
Learn how to process weekly and monthly payroll runs, including how to produce payslips and carry out RTI submissions. Also, learn how to correct errors, deal with people starting or leaving your business, and perform period end routines. You will also learn how to process pensions under automatic enrolment, with and without the Pensions Module.
- Be able to run a basic weekly/monthly payroll run including emailing payslips to your employees.
- Be able to submit/perform RTI routines, including submitting the Full Payment Submission (FPS), and National Insurance Number Verification (NVR).
- Understand how to make changes using the rollback function.
- Complete period end routines, which includes producing and analysing the P32.
- Process electronic payments to your employees and HMRC and submit electronic documents directly from Sage 50 Payroll.
- Process the nominal link postings to your accounts soft.
- Be able to set up and process automatic enrolment pensions, with and without the Pensions Module.
Stage 3: Statutory Payments, Holiday Schemes and Editing Payslips
Deals with handling the more advanced operations in Sage 50 Payroll, including processing attachments, statutory payments and holiday schemes. As well as applying pay reviews and variance settings, producing historical reports and the basic editing of a payslip using the Sage Report Designer.
- Be able to process statutory payments and calculate employee entitlement.
- Understand how to allocate and process attachments of earnings.
- Be able to create holiday schemes and record holidays.
- Understand how to produce historical reports including payslips.
- Perform a pay review to determine the impact of changes to employees’ pay.
- Understand when and how to submit the Employer Payment Summary (EPS).
- Understand how to edit existing payslips to show in a different order and add email settings.